Important COVID-19 Update!
Due to the impact COVID-19, In-person transcript pickup requests are temporarily disabled. Please consider using the National Student Clearinghouse for electronic delivery or complete the request process through BanWeb, if your delivery preference is postal mail.
Official UWG Transcripts are processed by the Enrollment Services Center. There are three options for delivery of an official transcript.
- myUWG (currently enrolled students only)
- BanWeb (currently enrolled students or former students that have attended UWG since 1998).
- National Student Clearinghouse(former students that have not attended UWG since 1998, any student requesting an official transcript in PDF form). This is the best option if you do not have/remember your login credentials, login is not required.
- Login to your myUWG account
- Click on the BanWeb tab in the upper right corner
- Click on the "Student Services & Financial Aid" link
- Click on the "Request Official Transcript" link
- Complete your request by following the directions in BanWeb. You must insert a complete address for requests via mail. If the address is incomplete, your transcript request will not be processed.
- Access your BanWeb account by visiting banweb.westga.edu
- Login using the student login link.
- Enter your 917# or Social Security Number into the "User ID" field
- Enter your pin/password into the "PIN" field.
- If you need to have your PIN/Password reset, click on the "Forgotten Your PIN?" link and follow the directions. If this option is not available to you, you may call the Enrollment Services Center at (678) 839-6140 or call ITS at (678) 839-6587 to have your PIN/Password reset.
- If your PIN has been reset, your PIN is the last two digits of your birth year followed by the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- You will be prompted to change your PIN upon login. You may use your current PIN as your new PIN. If you choose to change your PIN, it must be at least six (6) numerical digits. It is not unusal to be prompted to create a security question.
- Once you are logged in, click on the "Student Services & Financial Aid" link.
- Click on the "Request Official Transcript" link.
- Complete your request by following the directions in BanWeb. You must insert a complete address for requests for mail. If the address is incomplete, your transcript request will not be processed.
National Student Clearinghouse
- Access studentclearinghouse.org via a desktop computer.
- Hover over the "Order-Track-Verify" green button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Within the dropdown menu, select "Order a Transcript"
- Type out "University of West Georgia" completely, within the Order a Transcript text box.
- Complete the request in its entirety by following the Clearinghouse directions. You must insert a complete address for requests for mail. If the address is incomplete, your transcript request will not be processed.
Contact the National Student Clearinghouse at (703)742-4200 if you have any questions or concerns.
Please note that the ESC cannot fax a transcript. If a transcript is opened for the purposes of faxing, the transcript is deemed unofficial.
Semester grades are due the Monday following graduation for a term.
Transcripts will not be available to currently enrolled students until 72 hours following the date grades are due. We are unable to process requests until all grades have been confirmed by the Office of the Registrar.
If you are currently enrolled in a term and wish to receive a transcript showing your current term grades, you should place your request and check the "Hold for Grades" box. Selecting this option will place your transcript on hold until your final grades for the semester are submitted. Once submitted, your transcript will be automatically sent to the recipient listed on your request.
If you are currently enrolled in a term and wish to receive a transcript showing your awarded degree for this term, please place your request and check the "Hold for Degree" box. Selecting this option will place your transcript on hold until the date your degree is conferred. Once conferred, your transcript will be automatically sent to the recipient listed on your request.
Official transcripts contain the University Seal and signature of the University Registrar. Official transcripts are sealed in an Office of the Registrar envelope and stamped "Unofficial if Opened" on the seal of the envelope or sent securely in PDF form through the National Student Clearinghouse. Official transcripts include the following information:
- Student's Current Name on file with the Registrar's Office
- Last four of Student's Social Security Number
- Student Address
- Issued to Address
- High School
- Term Admitted to UWG
- First term attending UWG
- Transfer Details
- Dean's List
- Last Academic Standing Status
- Institutional Hours Attempted & Earned Totals
- Transfer Hours Attempted & Earned Totals
- Overall Hours Attempted & Earned Totals
- Major, Minor, and Concentration
- ACT & SAT Scores submitted to UWG
- Degree(s) Awarded
Official transcripts do not include the following:
- GRE or GMAT
- Student Date of Birth
Yes. If you would like to give someone permission to pick up your Official Transcript from the ESC, please complete the Transcript Pickup Release Form. Upon submittal of release form, the student must attach a photo ID. Forms and ID may be sumbitted by faxing a copy to the ESC at (678) 839-6439, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or delivering in person to the ESC.
The official transcript request must be done prior, by one of the above methods.
The individual picking up your transcript, must bring their photo ID to the ESC to receive your transcript.
Current UWG student's may obtain an unofficial transcript online through their myUWG account. Steps for doing so are listed below:
An unofficial UWG transcript includes the same information that is included on an official transcript (see above).
The majority of holds placed on student accounts will prevent a student from requesting an official transcript or viewing an unofficial transcript. If you have a hold on your account that prevents you from requesting a transcript, you will receive an error message. You must clear the holds before proceeding with your request. For fee payment holds, please contact the Bursar's Office in Aycock Hall to pay your outstanding balance.