Admission FAQs

Any student who is not a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States is considered an international student. ISAP works specifically with international students on F1 and J1 visas. 
No, international students on F1 and J1 visas are required to enroll full-time in Fall and Spring term, except their final term before graduation. 
Yes, SAT or ACT scores are required unless transferring from another U.S. institution.
Yes, the USG requires all students to have ACA compliant health insurance while in the U.S.A.

Current Student FAQs

Only one online class per term can count toward you full-time enrollment requirement.
A syllabus is your guide to a specific course and what will be expected of you in the course. Generally it includes course policies, rules and regulations, required books, and a schedule of assignments. 
Your housing contact is a legal promise to maintain until its end date. You can speak to the leasing office to see if they will allow you to move, but they are not required to honor your request. 
UWG's one-stop-shop for many quesitons is callled the Momentum Center. Check it out. 

You can view an unofficial copy in your MyUWG. If you need an official copy, you can request that as well through MyUWG and they will mail it to the address you provide.

Requesting an Official Transcript

Official UWG Transcripts are processed by the Enrollment Services Center. There are three options for delivery of an official transcript. First, transcripts can be mailed using standard USPS delivery. Second, transcripts may be ordered for pick up at the ESC. Please note transcripts are destroyed 30 days after the request date. You must have a valid photo ID at the time of pick up. Third, transcripts may be ordered to be emailed in PDF form (National Student Clearinghouse option only). Please note that our office cannot fax a transcript for you. If you wish to fax your transcript after you receive it from the ESC, it will be considered unofficial. Please review the following options for obtaining your official transcript from the ESC.

Directions to Request an Official Transcript

  1. Login to your myUWG account
  2. Click on the BanWeb tab in the upper right
  3. Click on the "Student Services & Financial Aid" link
  4. Click on the "Request Official Transcript" link
  5. Complete your request by following the directions in BanWeb. *You must insert a complete address for requests for mail. If the address is incomplete, your transcript request will not be processed."
  1. Go to your BanWeb account at
  2. Click Login
  3. Enter your 917# or Social Security Number into the "User ID" field
  4. Enter your pin/password into the "PIN" field.
  5. If you need to have your PIN/Password reset, please click on the "Forgotten Your PIN?" link and follow the directions. You can come into the Enrollment Services Center or call ITS at  (678) 839-6587 to have your PIN/Password reset as well.
  6. If your PIN has been reset, your PIN is the last two digits of your birth year followed by the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
  7. You will be prompted to change your PIN upon login. You may use your current PIN as your new PIN. If you choose to change your PIN, it will need to be at least six (6) digits (all numerical).
  8. You may be prompted to create a security question.
  9. Once you are logged in, click on the "Student Services & Financial Aid" link.
  10. Click on the "Request Official Transcript" link.
  11. Complete your request by following the directions in BanWeb. *You must insert a complete address for requests for mail. If the address is incomplete, your transcript request will not be processed."

The International Student Admissions & Programs (ISAP) office.

Yes, keep copies of all immigration documents in a safe place in case they are needed for work authorization or another visa.

BEFORE it expires, fill out the I-20 Extension Request Form (PDF, 209K) and submit it to ISAP at least 3-5 days prior to expiration at:


AFTER your I-20 or DS-2019 expires, you can no longer request an extension. F-1 students are eligible to apply for Reinstatement.

Sure! International students are allowed to study abroad in a 3rd country while being a student at UWG. Check out the UWG Office of Education Abroad website. 

If you lose your passport, need to renew it, or have other questions that require communication with your government, contact your country's embassy or consulate in the U.S.A. 

Directory of Foreign Embassies and Consulates