Transportation to Campus
STEP #6: ARRIVE & SETTLE
Transportation Options to UWG Campus
- The International programs provides a complimentary pick up from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport: ATL at the start of the semester for international students. The shuttle is available for pick up on August 3-4, 2022 only.
- The airport shuttle(s) are only available for students arriving to UWG from outside of the U.S. International programs staff will attempt to provide airport shuttles as long as the airport request is submitted 5-days ahead to the date/time of the arrival to the U.S. All students needing a ride from the airport to UWG must complete the Airport Pickup Request Form 5-business days prior to your anticipated arrival date to UWG.
- Complete the form by clicking the box below to arrange complimentary airport pick-up by The University of West Georgia. Students arriving for the fall 2022 semester should make plans to arrive between August 3-4, 2022. Arriving during this time frame ensures access to our arrival support resources and gives you time to settle into housing before New Student Orientation August 5-8, 2022.
Where to Meet:
We will be waiting for you at the main atrium in the Domestic Terminal of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, next to the clock tower: https://www.atl.com/maps/. A member of our staff will be there with a University of West Georgia sign and wearing a University of West Georgia shirt, so you can locate us easily: https://www.westga.edu/isap/faculty-staff.php. We will be at the airport 1-2 hours prior to the departure time of the campus bus. There will be places to sit and purchase food, drink, and souvenirs while you wait for the shuttle to depart!
- Allow at least 1 hour after your flight arrival time to deplane, collect luggage, clear customs, and find your way to the meeting point.
- Example: Your flight arrives at 8:30am. Shuttle 1 leaves at 9:00am = you will not make it. Contact ISAP to see if we have room on shuttle 2 later.
- Example: Your flight arrives at 1:15pm. Shuttle 2 leaves at 2:00pm = you might not make it. If not, use Lyft / Uber / or a taxi. We cannot reimburse the cost.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to wait or delay shuttle departure.
- Travel time to campus is approximately 1 hour
- If you are arriving outside of when the shuttle will be running, we recommend rideshare services such as Lyft or Uber , or an official airport taxi. These will be at your own expense. Rideshares work via mobile app associated with a personal credit card. The Atlanta International Airport (ATL) provides free Wi-Fi, so you can access Lyft or Uber upon arrival.
- Where to meet Lyft or Uber? Find the designated passenger pick-up area for Lyft / Uber drivers just outside the terminal areas in Atlanta. Follow the "ground transportation" signs.
Atlanta Hotels (if needed): If you plan to book an airport area hotel at your own expense prior to meeting the shuttle, please let us know. We can advise you on appropriate costs, proximity to the airport, breakfast and shuttle service to / from the airport.
Disclaimer: ISAP takes no responsibility for shuttles missed due to late, rerouted, or delayed flights. While every effort will be made to assist those who reserve in advance, ISAP cannot guarantee this service.