Please see the full Procedure UWG PL 4001: Relocation Expense located in the University PolicyStat Library.

Relocation expenses for new tenure track faculty and salaried staff may be provided if funds are available in the department or college budget.  The employing unit and the following guidelines (subject to IRS regulations) will determine the total amount approved for relocation.

Procedure Guidelines


The employees being reimbursed must be a tenure track faculty member or hold the title of at least Assistant Director at UWG in a regular, full-time position. The appropriate vice president must approve the Employment Relocation Agreement. 

To be eligible for reimbursement, the employee's relocation must meet all of the following conditions:

  1. Availability of Qualified Applicants. The University must ascertain that the new employee is the best qualified applicant to fill the position.
  2. At Employer's Request. The relocation must be at the request of the University and for the good of the University as determined by the Vice President.
  3. Distance. The distance between the employee's new work location and the former residence must be 50 miles greater than the distance between the employee's old work location and the former residence. The employee's commuting distance must have increased by at least 50 miles one way.
  4. Permanent. The employee must be reasonably expected to work on a regular full-time basis for at least 1 year, commencing on the date that the employee starts work on a regular basis at the new location.

Note: If the employee's spouse is a State employee and otherwise eligible for moving and relocation expenses, reimbursements of any such expenses will be paid to one employee only and to move the primary household only to the new location.

Employee Relocation Agreement

Relocation Reimbursement Form