UWG Emergency Financial Assistance Grants to Students
Through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), the University of West Georgia has received federal funds to help students who have encountered a financial need related to COVID-19.
Currently enrolled students are eligible to receive a HEERF grant payment based on the following criteria:
- Meet lawful presence requirements
- Have a FAFSA EFC between 0 - 20,000.
- Have a FAFSA EFC between 0 - 20,000 and reside in on-campus housing.
- Have indicated on the FAFSA that they come from challenging background circumstances as defined by - unaccompanied youth/homeless/risk of homelessness, foster care/orphan/ward of the court, or be an emancipated minor/legal guardianship.
- Have indicated experiencing food insecurity.
For information about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) distribution process that took place in spring and summer 2020, which has ended, visit this page.