The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Fall 2020 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Summer/Fall 2020 Operations page.
Fall 2020 Reservation and Events Operations
- The ballroom, meeting rooms, and outdoor spaces will remain open for reservations, however, the capacities will be limited to adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Ballroom 108.1 can have a maximum of 43 people at one time; ballroom 108.2 can have a maximum of 57 people at one time; ballroom 108.3 can have a maximum of 21 people at one time; ballroom 108.4 can have a maximum of 20 people at one time; Full ballroom can have a maximum of 141 people at one time
- Meeting room 104 can have a maximum of 15 at one time; meeting room 105 can have a maximum of 7 at one time; meeting room 302 can have a maximum of 12 people at one time; meeting room 303 can have a maximum of 10 people at one time
- When making reservations for the Campus Center, please put an accurate estimate of attendance in the reservation form. If the amount of patrons is over the max capacity, you will be asked to reduce the number of attendees, conduct a virtual event, find a larger space on campus that accommodates your capacity. Events may be canceled if over the max capacity
- The back gym will be unavailable for reservation requests
- The front and back patio will remain open for events but 6 ft physical distancing must be maintained
- Reservations can still be done through westga.edu/reservewest
Events Cleaning Procedures
Event staff will clean and disinfect all equipment in the ballroom and meeting spaces including but not limited to chairs, tables, mics, laptops, etc. before and after each event.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 678-839-5500.