Competitive Sports offers a variety of league Recreational Sports that run for four weeks and then a week of playoffs, leading up to the championship night. Leagues are offered to provide a structured competitive environment that encourages positive sportsmanship. All participants will be required to take a sports-related quiz prior to participation and maintain a sportsmanship rating of at least 3.0 to be eligible for playoffs.
Don't have time to compete in a full league sport? We offer a variety of one-or-two-day tournaments where participants can register online or just show up on the day of the event.
The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Spring 2021 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Spring 2021 Operations page.
How to Play
- Visit myrec.westga.edu and log in using your UWG credentials
- If you are a new user, you will be prompted to create your IMLeagues user profile
- Select desired sport, league (mens, womens, corec, etc.) and division (date/time you wish to play)
- Create or join a team for free!
It is free to play but a $15 forfeit fee will be charged to the captain of a team when the team fails to show up for a scheduled game. To avoid a forfeit, email email@example.com by 2:00 p.m. the day of your game.
Spring 2021 Recreational Sports Operations
- All recreational sports will be structured as individual or dual sports with the total number of participants not exceeding six
- A participant will check-in by showing his/her/their valid UWG ID to the rec sports staff onsight while standing on the 6 ft distance marker
- No more than three student employees will be working at a time and will be wearing
appropriate facial coverings while adhering to distancing guidelines
Recreational sports will be played outside when possible. Campus Center courts and the game room may be used when participants and staff are less than 10 people
- No spectators will be allowed in the Campus Center spaces. Spectators may watch outdoor games while staying out of the playing area and adhering to physical distancing guidelines. Staff reserves the right to ensure that physical distancing occurs as much as possible
- Staff will frequently disinfect the check-in table and all sport equipment before play, in between games/sets, and after play
- Anytime equipment will be touched by a new participant, it will be disinfected before and after use
- Participants will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after each use of sporting equipment
For more information, contact Competitive Sports at firstname.lastname@example.org.