The purpose of the President’s Student Advisory Council on Diversity (PSAC) is to ensure the widest range of student voices are heard in order to promote an inclusive climate at UWG and help UWG better serve its increasingly diverse student body. PSAC members’ primary functions are to engage in conversations with the President and university administrators, solicit input from a broad range of students to inform the council's advice to university administration, and provide recommendations that will develop and sustain a campus climate of inclusiveness.
Membership on PSAC prepares students for participation and leadership in a multicultural and global society.
Composition of the Council
- One representative from the registered diversity-related mutual interest student organization
- A representative from the Student Government Association, appointed by the SGA President
- At large member - Representative nominated from the student body
Nominations and Selection Process
The student voice is essential in continuing our efforts to advance campus climate and inclusiveness on both the institutional and individual level at UWG. We are asking students to nominate their peer(s) for consideration to serve on the council. Peer nominations allow students to have a voice in who you would like to represent the student perspective. Up to eight undergraduate and five graduate students will be selected to serve on the Council. In order to nominate your peer(s) you must:
Include the nominee’s name, academic year, and any UWG affiliations (i.e., student
organizations, athletic team).
Include up to three paragraphs describing why this student can represent the voice of their peers and their explicit commitment to advancing inclusiveness at UWG.
Recommended: Speak with the nominee before submitting their name for consideration.
To qualify for membership, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Strong interest and/or meaningful experience in working with issues of diversity, inclusiveness, and social identities
- Demonstrated commitment to UWG’s vision, mission and core values
- Must not be graduating from the university before May of 2020
For more information, contact PSAC advisor Dr. Stacy Boyd, Interim Chief Diversity Officer (email@example.com)