The Wolves Mentoring Program matches current students with alumni volunteers – and UWG faculty and staff – to create a mutually beneficial relationship focused on student success. Our digital platform provides alumni with a convenient way to invest in a student's future.
Who is the Mentoring Program for?
ALUMNI, you are invited to join the program as mentors! As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Invest in a current UWG student
- Share your knowledge and expertise in your career field
- Help a student to be successful at UWG
- Enhance your mentoring and leadership skills
- Participate in exclusive on-campus and virtual mentoring and networking events
STUDENTS and NEW GRADUATES, you are invited to join the program to:
- Select your UWG alumni mentor
- Learn about being a successful student
- Explore your major and career opportunities
- Enhance your communication skills
- Make professional connections
- Participate in exclusive mentoring events
how it works
- Sign up to create a profile.
Current students participate as mentees. Alumni participate as mentors. Recent graduates may participate as either a mentee or mentor depending on their goals.
- Mentees search for a mentor based on a variety of factors that are important to the them, including major, career field, or participation in various university activities.
- Mentees request a mentor, and mentors view and accept (or decline) requests to match.
- Mentoring pairs connect throughout the academic year! The program offers guided conversation starters called milestones to help mentors and mentees get the most out of their mentoring relationship.
Mentor Program Events
The Office of Alumni & Constituent Engagement hosts multiple events throughout the year – both virtual and in-person – to provide networking and engagement opportunities. Students and mentors are strongly encouraged to participate in these events and seize the opportunity to further develop their mentor/mentee relationship. Signature events include an optional kick-off event in October at UWG as well as a virtual spring conference event.
If you have any questions about the UWG Mentorship Program, please review our FAQs page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.