The Executive Committee shall have broad responsibility for:
- Planning and facilitating the activities of the Senate, including the following functions: assigning Senators to Senate standing committees and subcommittees; creating ad hoc Senate committees and assigning Senators; assigning Senators to such non-Senate university committees, task forces, and search committees as needed; and proposing legislation to the Senate that the Executive Committee may deem appropriate.
- Overseeing the election of the officers of the Senate, including receiving nominations, organizing and supervising elections, monitoring compliance, adjudicating challenges, and certifying the results.
- Interviewing candidates for university-wide positions and providing evaluations to the appropriate search committees.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the chairs of the Senate standing committees, the Chair of the Senate, the Past Chair or Chair-Elect of the Senate, the Executive Secretary, the President of the University, and the Provost of the University.
- Jeff Reber - Chair
- Dan Williams - Outgoing Chair
- Laura McCloskey Wolfe - Executive Secretary
- Brendan Kelly - President of the University
- Jon Preston - Provost of the University
Standing Committee Chairs
- Kim Green - Undergraduate Programs Committee
- Patrick Hadley - Graduate Programs Committee
- Brandy Chambless - Academic Policies Committee
- Farooq Khan - Faculty Development Committee
- Jonathan Corley - Institutional Planning Committee
- Georgina DeWeese - Student Affairs and Intercollegiate Activities Committee
- Gavin Lee - Facilities and Technology Committee
- David Nickell - Budget Committee
- Jamie Brandenburg - Rules Committee
- Mike Hester - Diversity and Internationalization Committee
- Jason Swift - Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Committee