The mission of the Department of Internal Audit is to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services that add value and improve the university’s operations. The Department assists in the accomplishment of the university’s goals and objectives and supports the mission of the university by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes at a reasonable cost.
Ron Richards, CPA, CIA, CRMA
Director of Internal Audit
Row Hall, 3rd Floor East Wing
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, GA 30118
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The Department conforms to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
The Department uses a systematic and disciplined approach to identify and evaluate significant exposures to risk as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, control processes, systems, operations, and information systems, generally with regard to, but not exclusive to:
- Achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Reliability and integrity of financial and operational information.
- Effectiveness and efficiency of operations and programs.
- Safeguarding of assets, to include the economical and efficient use of University resources.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts.
These should have the potential to contribute to the improvement of governance, risk management, compliance, and/or internal controls within University of West Georgia operations.