- Completed UWG graduate application for admission.
- Earned Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited program.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for all graduate nursing courses.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional and academic abilities.
- Sample of academic writing limited to 5 pages (An academic paper presented in a previous graduate course that demonstrates knowledge of an area, powers of organization, command of the language, and communication skills.)
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States.
Online Degree and Certification Programs may not be available in all states. If you are an out-of-state student, please contact the University of West Georgia, Director of Distance Education, Janet Gubbins (email@example.com, or central office #678-839-0630), to confirm that our program is available in your state. Once you have confirmed that the EdD program is available in your state, please contact the Tanner Health System School of Nursing Graduate Associate, Embry Ice (firstname.lastname@example.org, or central office #678-839-5115), as the requirement of additional faculty licenses may be necessary to accommodate out of state students. Currently, only residents with active licenses in Alabama and Compact States (eNLC) are eligible for practicum requirements of the program. Please check the NCSBN Enhanced Nursing Licensure Compact (eNLC) Implementation site for individual state status.
A review of applications will begin after February 1st and will continue until the cohort of students for the EdD in Nursing Education program is full.
Click here to view the application process.
Click here for EdD-specific links.