Recent Campus Videos
University of West Georgia is a "Best Fit" for students in search of:
Excellent Reputation & Small Classes (19:1)
- Established 1906. UWG's Accolades & Awards
- Fully accredited, public, comprehensive university
- Popular Majors: STEM Programs, Social Scieces, Arts & Humanities, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Law, Pre-Engineering, Mass Comm., Business, and Nursing
- Nationally Ranked: Richards College of Business and Tanner School of Nursing
- 90+ Majors and Minors offered. You can double major or combine a major and minor program too.
Affordability, Work Experience & Ideal Location
- Cost Per Semester: Tuition $7800, Fees $1000, Meals $2000* , Housing $3000*, Insurance $1200, Books $500* = $15,500 per semester. (*estimated / varies by person)
- $32,000 required in liquid form to issue initial form I-20, 1st year only.
- Tuition Waivers! Full and partial waivers avalible to academically qualified students
- On-Campus employment up to 20 hrs. / week. Average pay, $8.25 US / hr.
- Paid internships and full-time national employment after graduation. *Requires special authorization call CPT and OPT, which are benefits of the F1 student visa.
- UWG Location: 1 hour west of Atlanta, GA and the busiest airport in the world. We’ll pick you up! The region is home to 15+ “Fortune 500” and 1,250 multinational companies where many of our graduates do internships and receive job offers.
Traditional College Life & Ideal Size
- Whole person support! Admissions > Advising & Activities > Academic Support & Tutoring > Graduation > US Employment
- Free: tutoring, academic support, writing center, supplemental instruction
- 13,300 UWG total students (10,500 undergraduate | 2,800 graduate)
- Google Education Campus: UWG's web platform offers all the same tools as Gmail!
- Active International Student Club | Free weekly Shopper Shuttle | International Festival
- 100+ student clubs, organizations, activites and intramural sports
- 13 University Athletic Teams
- Brand New on-campus Student Health clinic
- Beautiful, Safe, Green, 2.6km sq campus with a close-nit, personal feel
English Language Proficiency: TOEFL 69 or IELTS 6.0, unless from excempt country.
SAT / ACT: Not Required for Fall 2020 Applications.
ACT 17, English, Reading & Math; or SAT 480, Reading & Writing; 450 Math
Freshmen only: High School Transcripts
Transfers only: Foreign Credential Evaluation of all university credit from outside the U.S.
Other: $40 application fee, Statement of extra-curricular activities, Personal essay optional.
Graduate Degrees & Admissions: varies by program
- Takes about 1 hour
- You can start and save your application for later
- Pay $40 application fee at the end to submit.