Honors students can "convert" most regular courses into Honors credit by completing a contract with the supervising instructor. 

The following courses cannot be converted to Honors credit:

  • ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102
  • MATH 1001 and MATH 1111
  • Any 1001 or 1002 Foreign Language
  • HIST 1111 and 1112
  • HIST 2111 and 2112
  • PSYC 1030

Some departments have additional policies regarding Honors contracts. Also, instructors have the right to refuse to allow Honors contracts for their courses.

To complete a contract to convert a regular course for Honors credit, view the procedures outlined here:  Honors Course Conversion Application Procedures

Deadline: Applications must be submitted by the end of the second week of the semester.

Honors Conversions are processed at the end of the term after grades have been submitted. The Registrar will update the course title on the student’s record to reflect Honors credit.

Students CANNOT UN-CONVERT courses if the contract has been submitted to the Honors College and processed by the Registrar’s Office.