UWG’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) will foster a culture of engaged faculty who are committed to innovative and effective teaching, pedagogical research, and professional development that supports high impact learning for students.
The CTL supports faculty by providing professional development that promotes effective, innovative teaching, scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL), and collaboration across units and departments.
CTL goals support UWG’s strategic imperatives for student success, academic success, and partnership success.
- Increase student success by improving the quality of teaching across academic programs.
- Promote scholarship and research that improve teaching and learning.
- Support and facilitate collaborative faculty (and staff) learning communities that practice and recognize innovative and effective instruction in academic programs.
- Partner with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to provide professional development for staff, faculty, and the leaders of UWG on ways to engage in meaningful institutional effectiveness practices.
- Engage in meaningful unit assessment practices that are driven by data, continual improvement, and prioritization of resources aligned with the Center’s mission and vision.