The online version of UWG's Innovations in Pedagogy Conference was a success!
Click here to visit the updated version of the IiP Conference webpage to watch the presentations. (Note: You must be signed into Google with your UWG credentials for access.)
What We Do
UWG’s Center for Teaching & Learning not only provides workshops on topics related to any modality of instruction, including student motivation and engagement, pedagogy, and classroom assessment techniques. We also offer confidential one-on-one consultations, mid-course evaluations, and observations.
We support student success by helping faculty to enrich their teaching and, therefore, their students' learning. Additionally, the CTL supports campus initiatives—such as LEAP and Complete College Georgia—by facilitating course enrichment-by-design programs for faculty.
Teaching with equity, diversity, and inclusion in mind helps students to feel welcome and accepted in their learning environment. Consider these resources to assist your work:
Making Excellence Inclusive (Association of American Colleges & Universities)
Creating an Inclusive College Classroom (University of Michigan)
A Guide to Bias-Free Communications (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Get In Touch
Center for Teaching and Learning
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Please explore the resources available on our site. If you're looking for something you don't see, or have a suggestion or request, please feel free to contact us.
USG's After-hours Help with CourseDen (D2L):
- Carousel Controls: Slide 1
- Carousel Controls: Slide 2
- Carousel Controls: Slide 3
Teaching from a Distance
You have all the support you could need to teach your courses from wherever you are:
• Moving Quickly to Remote Teaching – Click this link to explore the CTL's guide to teaching in CourseDen.
• The USG's Keep Teaching Guides – Click the link to review the USG's resource course for help with making the transition to teaching remotely.
You can call or email, too:
• For technical assistance with CourseDen, email UWG Online at email@example.com or call 678-839-6248. Or explore their new repository of tutorials (link).
• For pedagogical and/or specialized assistance with online teaching, email the Center for Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-839-5289.
Need help with CourseDen in the middle of the night or weekends? The USG has a 24-hour service desk for CourseDen (D2L):
• After-hours helpline: 1-855-772-0423
• 24-hour online searchable help (link)