Why minor in Communication Studies?
Regardless of major, everyone needs effective communication skills to be successful in today’s job market. Students will develop critical abilities across a variety of contexts. Read the article by Forbes Magazine, "Forbes 10 Skills Employers Most Want...".
- Working effectively in groups
- Excelling in interpersonal interactions
- Managing conflict
- Engaging across cultures
- Leading projects
- Thinking critically
- Arguing persuasively and ethically
- Adapting to changing environments
What courses are offered in this minor?
Students minoring in Communication Studies can choose from a variety of classes.
- COMM 3200 - Rhetoric and Social Influence
- COMM 3310 - Persuasion
- COMM 3320 - Small Group Communication
- COMM 3340 - Advanced Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 3360 - Intercultural Communication
- COMM 4200 - Gender and Communication
- COMM 4210 - Communication and Conflict
- COMM 4220 - Health Communication
- COMM 4600 - Theories of Communication