For more information, please see the Academic Catalog.
- Overview Jump to content
- Cost Jump to content
- Courses Jump to content
- Faculty Jump to content
- Admissions Jump to content
- Dates Jump to content
- Objectives Jump to content
The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required:
This program may be earned entirely face-to-face. However, depending on the courses chosen, a student may choose to take some partially or fully online courses.
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited universities of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online course tuition rates and fees my vary depending on the program. Students enrolled in exclusively online courses do not pay non-Resident rates.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, he/she will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Bursar's Office website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
No faculty members listed
Guidelines for Admittance
Each UWG online degree program has specific requirements that you must meet in order to enroll.
- Complete online Graduate Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Submit official transcripts from all schools attended. Official transcripts are sent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
Program Specific Admittance Guidelines
- Create an account and complete the application for Graduate Admissions at go.westga.edu.
- Submit $40 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all schools you have attended
- 3 letters of recommendation- at least 2 of your references should be past or present professors.
Note: While not required for admission, the bulk of the coursework cannot be completed until you have also submitted passing GACE Program Admissions scores and GACE Educator Ethics - Program Entry results.
Request all official transcripts be sent directly to UWG from all colleges or universities attended. If a transcript is mailed to you, it cannot be treated as official if it has been opened. Save time by requesting official transcripts be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Admission Process Checklist
Send all official transcripts to:
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA 30118
- Submit a Certificate of Immunization, if required. If you will not ever be traveling to a UWG campus or site, you may apply for an Immunization Exemption. Contact the Immunization Clerk with your request.
- Check the status of your application at go.westga.edu.
College of Arts and Humanities
For more information, go to UWG Admission Deadlines
Objectives not available