The Department of Music offers undergraduate degrees in Composition, Performance,
and Education - along with a music minor. Graduate programs offered are Performance
and a 100% online Music Education.
Multiple ensembles available to all UWG majors.
Through its undergraduate programs and associated activities, the Department of Music provides:
- instruction designed to develop the musical understandings, performance abilities, and creative and critical skills of all music students
- opportunities to develop the pedagogical insights and communication skills of prospective teachers
- opportunities to develop a high degree of professionalism in scholarship and in performance
- opportunities for both major and non-major students to broaden their acquaintance with the musical art through study and performance
Through its graduate programs and associated activities, the department provides opportunities for the graduate student in music to:
- develop an advanced level of musical understandings and performance ability
- foster the advancement of creative and critical skills
- develop sophisticated pedagogical insights and advanced communication skills
- produce scholarly and creative works in the fields of music and music education
Minors and Certifications