- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education named UWG as one of 2019's Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs.
- The University of West Georgia has been recognized among the nation’s top universities in meeting student needs, and its business, nursing and education programs have been included among the country’s most effective in a new publication from Colleges of Distinction.
- The 2019 U.S. News & World Report recognized the University of West Georgia among the nation's top colleges and universities. The ranking is based on such widely-accepted indicators of excellence as first-year student retention and graduation rates and the strength of the faculty.
- The Princeton Review ranked UWG as a Best Regional College for 2018.
- Best Master’s Programs placed University of West Georgia at number 3 in its ranking of the Top 25 Most Affordable Online Master’s Programs of 2019.
- UWG earned high rankings on BestColleges.com’s most recent standings, landing fourth among the Best Online Colleges in Georgia and #11 among the Best Four-Year Colleges in Georgia.
- Website PayScale.com ranked UWG in the top 10 of Georgia’s four-year schools in terms of what its graduates earn on average.
- BestValueSchools.com ranked UWG third among Georgia’s 60 college and universities in its best online value schools. The ranking highlighted West Georgia’s programs for dual-enrollment, non-traditional, business and nursing students.
- Value Colleges ranked UWG fifth among Georgia’s online college and universities. The ranking was based on the number of online programs offers as well as the most affordable tuition.
- Site Selection magazine named UWG third among Georgia’s best online colleges and universities. The magazine highlighted the university for having one of the most comprehensive online portals in the state.
- UWG was ranked eighth in the nation by Most Affordable Colleges for its online doctoral degrees. The ranking highlighted West Georgia’s three online doctoral programs in nursing education, professional counseling and supervision, and school improvement.
- Online College Plan named UWG 14th among Georgia’s best online colleges that offer distance learning students a selection of entirely online and fully asynchronous academic programs. The rankings were based on freshman retention and graduation rates.
- GreatValueColleges.net ranked UWG as 23rd in its 30 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees for 2019 and #11 in its 30 Most Affordable Online Master's Degrees.
- LendEDU named UWG the tenth Best College for Lowest Student Loan Debt in Georgia.
- UWG was awarded bronze school of distinction honoring online academic excellence by BestColleges.com.
College of Arts and Humanities
- Named as a Top Master's in Music Education Program for 2019 by OnlineMasters.com
- Ranked #19 of Best Music Colleges with Online Programs by OnlineCollegePlan.com
College of Education
- Ranked number one by Grad School Hub for best value for online Ed.D. teaching degree programs
- Positioned as second of online doctor of education programs by College Values Online for Ed.D. in School Improvement
- Listed as having the most affordable online teaching Ed.D. programs in the nation by Grad School Hub
- Ranked third in the nation for the 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Master in Library Science by SR Education
- Named third in the nation for online doctorate of education degree by Online Ph.D. Programs
- Appointed fourth in the nation of online doctorate in counselor education programs by TheBestSchools.org
- Ranked as having the fourth most affordable online Doctor of Education in Higher Education Administration by AffordableSchools.net
- Listed fourth among Georgia colleges and universities by Zippia.com for offering students the best career opportunities for special education majors
- Positioned as fifth in the nation for online Master of Education in Reading Instruction program by AffordabeColleges.com
- Ranked sixth for Top 25 Schools for Online Education Degrees by Best College Reviews
- Named sixth in the nation for online doctoral education by GradSource.com, a top destination for prospective and doctoral students
- Appointed eighth in for Best Online Bachelor's in Special Education by BestColleges.com
- Positioned as the country’s eighth-best online Doctor of Education program by Online Schools Center
- Ranked as eighth Most Affordable Online College for Early Childhood Education 2017 by SR Education
- Named ninth for the 2019-2020 Best Initial Teacher Certification Master’s Programs list from Teacher.org
Named No. 16 for Best Online Master’s in Special Education in the nation by Online Schools Report
- Listed as 18th for Top Online Master's in Elementary Education by TheBestColleges.org
- Appointed 20th Most Affordable Online Master's Program in Educational Technology by BestValueSchools.com
- Appointed 21st in the nation for online master’s in early childhood education programs by TheBestSchools.org
- Listed as 23rd for the Best Online Doctorate of Education Program (Ed.D. in School Improvement) by Intelligent. The program was further named Best Interdisciplinary Curriculum among the 60 schools on the list.
- Ranked 26th of top teaching programs in the country by study.com
- Named 28th in the nation for online master’s degree in education by College Choice
- Listed as 28th for Best Online Master’s in Educational/Instructional Technology by Online Schools Report
- Ranked as top third in category for online graduate education by U.S. News & World Report
- Positioned as one of the best online master's in teaching programs by Best Education Degrees
Named as one of the Best Online Schools for Doctoral Degrees in Education Programs for professional counseling and supervision and school improvement by Online-PhD-Degrees.com
Ranked as one of the best master's program in early childhood education by Intelligent
- Listed by SR Education group
- #2 for 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Doctoral Education
- #8 for 2018 Best Online Colleges for Value in Doctoral Education
- #9 in 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Master in Teaching
- #12 for 2018 Best Online Colleges for Value for Master in Teaching program
- #13 for 2018 Most Affordable Online Colleges for Master in Education program
- #20 for 2018 Best Online Colleges for Value for Master in Education program
- Ranked as one of the Best Online Doctorates in Curriculum and Instruction Programs by BestColleges.com
- Named as one of the Best Online Doctorate in Educational Counseling programs for 2019 by BestColleges.com
College of Science and Mathematics
- Positioned as the best online master’s in computer science by BestComputerScienceDegrees.com
- Named fifth in the nation among colleges and universities with the most affordable master’s degrees in computer science by SR Education Group
- Placed 18th in OnlineCollegePlan.com's top-20 list of pre-med schools
- Ranked 34th in Top 50 Best Value Online Graduate Computer Science and Information Technology Programs for 2017 by Value Colleges
- Listed online IT graduate program as 38th by U.S. News & World Report
- Named 38th of the top 50 institutions for online Master of Computer Science (or similar) degree programs of 2018 by in the mastersprogramsguide.com
College of Social Sciences
- Ranked 11th in the nation for bachelor’s degree in sociology among schools offering the best value by SR Education
- Listed among best in the nation by SR Education group
- Online master’s degree in public administration second in terms of affordability
- Online bachelor’s degree in sociology sixth in terms of affordability
- Online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice eighth overall
- Online bachelor’s degree in sociology 14th among schools offering the best value
Richards College of Business
- Listed online bachelor’s degree in economics as 10th in the nation by Online Accounting Degrees
- Ranked online MBA as top third in its category by U.S. News & World Report
- Named MBA program within Tier One of North American Universities by CEO Magazine
Listed among best online MBA programs by onlinembareport.com for 2019
- #1 in Georgia
- #9 in the South
- #22 among public schools (top 15 percent of schools considered)
- #27 nationally (top 8 percent of schools considered)
Tanner Health System School of Nursing
- Positioned as second most affordable online MSN nursing education program by GradHub
- Listed as third most affordable online MSN nursing education program by Grad School Hub
- Ranked eighth in nation for affordability of online master’s in nursing program by AffordableColleges.com
- Named 31 in nation for online nursing programs by U.S. News & World Report and top 10 in Georgia
- Positioned as one of the Best Online Schools for Doctoral Degrees in Education Programs for nursing education by Online-PhD-Degrees.com
- Listed as one of the best nursing schools in the nation by RNCareers.org