Career Services Home at The University of West Georgia

Log On

Steps to Follow

Cooperative Education (Co-op) and Internships:  These programs are crucial in enabling students to gain practical experience in their chosen majors and/or career fields. The Professional Practice Program is housed within the Department of Career Services located in Parker Hall. To participate in the Professional Practice Program, just follow these simple steps:

Call the Professional Practice office for an appointment. 678.839.6431.

Before Your Appointment

1. Complete an Application and Professional Practice Agreement Form.
    - must be completed and returned before your appointment.
    - Email to Vicki Hardin or Brenda Respress
2. Complete CareerWeb Registration
    - Go to
    - In the "Find a Job" box on right hand side of page, click on CareerWeb
    - Username: Your email address
    - Password: woflpack (first time; then you can change it)
    - Once in Experience: Please create/update your Profile
    - DO NOT upload your resume
3. Do some research on the type of positions and companies you would like to consider.  Bring that list with you to your appointment. Numerous listings of internship opportunities are publicized regularly through CareerWeb and other job search sites.


1. Bring electronic copy of your resume with you to the appointment or email to appropriate Career Services Professional before your appointment. 
    Plese do not use a template when creating your resume.  You can find resume examples on our website.
2. We will discuss your internship or co-op options. Please be aware the Professional Practice Program will assist you in making appropriate contacts to identify additional opportunities if necessary.


After Your Appointment

1. Upload your resume to CareerWeb.
2. Perfect Interview - Create your account and practice interview skills.
3. Be patient. Be diligent. Be persistent.
4. Be sure to check with Professional Practice to receive your Academic Recognition on your transcript.  Some students may also be eligible to earn Academic Credit.  For Academic Credit, students must contact their major department chair or advisor.
5. At the end of your internship or co-op, you must complete a Work Report at the end of each work semester.  Employers must also complete a Supervisor’s Evaluation and submit by the end of each work semester.