Steps to Follow
Cooperative Education (Co-op) and Internships: These programs are crucial in enabling students to gain practical experience in their chosen majors and/or career fields. The Professional Practice Program is housed within the Department of Career Services located in Parker Hall Room 359B. To participate in the Professional Practice Program, just follow these simple steps:
1. Call the Professional Practice office for an appointment. 678.839.6431.
2. Complete an Application and depending on your status, sign an Undergraduate Agreement or Graduate Agreement.
3. Bring your resume (electronic version), application and agreement to your appointment.
4. Setup CareerWeb account.
5. Next, consider your internship or co-op options. Numerous listings of internship opportunities are publicized regularly through NACElink (contact office for the password) and other job search sites. Please be aware the Professional Practice Program will assist you in making appropriate contacts to identify additional opportunities if necessary.
6. Be patient. Be diligent. Be persistent.
7. Be sure to check with Professional Practice to receive your Academic Recognition on your transcript. Some students may also be eligible to earn Academic Credit. For Academic Credit, students must contact their major department chair or advisor.
8. At the end of your internship or co-op, you must complete a Work Report by Reading Day of each work semester. Employers must also complete a Supervisor’s Evaluation and submit by Reading Day.