Before You Begin
What you need to know to get started volunteering:
1. You need to answer a few questions.
• Is there any issue on which you'd particularly like to work? (homelessness, illiteracy, child abuse, youth, violence, hunger, health care, the environment, etc.)
• Is there a population with which you'd enjoy working? (elderly, people with special needs, youth, children, homeless people, refugees, etc.)
• What goals do you have for your volunteer experience? (meet new people, learn new skills, explore career options, learn more about an issue, network, etc.)
• How much time do you want to commit? (Can you commit to a regularly scheduled volunteer job or would it be better to work on one-time or monthly projects?)
2. Complete the volunteer registration form. Return the form to The Career Services Volunteer Center, Third Floor Parker Hall or register online. A student coordinator or staff member will then contact you with information on volunteer opportunity options in your interest area or provide you with information on the community agency you have selected.
3. If you do not hear from us within three (3) business days or if you would like to talk with a Volunteer Center assistant before selecting your agency, please visit The Career Services Volunteer Center, 364 Parker Hall, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Contact Vicki Hardin via email or 678.839.6431.
4. After completion of service, both the volunteer and the agency may complete the volunteer log available online or from the Volunteer Center.